Justin Gordon talks with Alexandra Zatarain, co-founder and VP of Brand and Marketing at Eight Sleep, the world's first sleep fitness company. Eight Sleep designs tech-enabled products, content and services that make people sleep fit.
Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Alexandra Zatarain (@a_zatarain), co-founder and VP of Brand and Marketing at Eight Sleep, the world's first sleep fitness company. Eight Sleep designs tech-enabled products, content and services that make people sleep fit.
In 2017, Alexandra was named by Forbes to the 30 Under 30 list of young professionals making an impact in the Consumer Technology industry. The same year, she was a speaker at the Forbes Under 30 Summit on the topic of longevity, sleep and technology. Prior to Eight Sleep, Alexandra applied her marketing experience at various startups, academic institutions, and Wall Street organizations. She was raised in Tijuana, Mexico and now lives in New York City. She holds a B.S. in Communication Science from Tecnologico de Monterrey.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
Website: Eight Sleep
- The evolution of marketing for Eight Sleep and repositioning the brand
- Defining their target market and what Alexandra thinks they should have done differently
- Balancing listening to your intuition as a founder and advice from investors
- Working with Khosla Ventures
- Using your company’s vision as a north star for innovation and branding
- How remote work has benefitted Eight Sleep and how they keep their team moving in the same direction
- Mitigating supply chain issues through managing customer expectations and heightened customer service
- How they approach growth in different markets
- Building community around creating a new category in fitness
- Using storytelling as strategy in partnerships
- Managing engagement on Twitter
- Becoming a scout at Cleo Capital
- Where Alexandra focuses her angel investments
- How she leverages her expertise for companies she invests in
- How and why Alexandra began angel investing
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.