This is a special episode pulled from the VITALIZE vault—back when The VITALIZE Podcast was Talking Venture! Justin Gordon talks with Amanda DoAmaral, Co-Founder of Fiveable, a social learning network for students.
This is a special episode pulled from the VITALIZE vault—back when The VITALIZE Podcast was Talking Venture! Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Amanda DoAmaral (@AmandaDoAmanda), Co-Founder of Fiveable, a social learning network for students. Since this original episode released in May 2021, Fiveable has raised a $10M Series A. Fiveable is an educational technology company that is committed to unlocking opportunities for young people through academic and social empowerment. At Fiveable they believe that students who are educated, confident, and informed will open more opportunities for their future. Fiveable aims to give equal opportunities for all students to reach their potential.
Amanda DoAmaral is an educator, activist, and co-founder of Fiveable. She spent half a decade teaching high school history in Oakland, CA, where her passion for creating equitable educational opportunities was ignited. Amanda has been a vocal advocate for inclusive history curriculum and is active within the Milwaukee tech community.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
- What Fiveable does
- Onboarding Serena Williams and Chelsea Clinton as an investors
- Fiveable’s origin story
- Turning tutoring ex-students via livestream into a VC-backed startup
- Fiveable’s early growth stage
- How the Fiveable product has evolved over time
- Risk assessment and hiring a team
- Generational entrepreneurship and participating in an accelerator
- The lack of education about available resources for founders
- Amanda’s experience with gener8tor and how it contributed to Fiveable’s growth
- Raising pre-seed capital and the stress of executing fund allocation
- What has fueled Fiveable’s growth
- Content development and SEO strategy
- Managing an expansive team and hiring students
- The impact of building in public
- The big vision for Fiveable
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.