Justin Gordon talks with Amanda Greenberg, Co-Founder and CEO of Balloon, a research-backed platform that unlocks ideas and feedback from a group by eliminating groupthink and amplifying voices. They’re rebuilding the way teams collaborate, making them more productive, informed, and inclusive.
Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Amanda Greenberg (@AKGreenberg), Co-Founder and CEO of Balloon, a research-backed platform that unlocks ideas and feedback from a group by eliminating groupthink and amplifying voices. They’re rebuilding the way teams collaborate, making them more productive, innovative, informed, and inclusive.
Before founding Balloon, Amanda was a public health researcher, translating science and research into national behavior change campaigns for the U.S. CDC and EPA. Her research focused on engagement, listening, and community-based decision-making, and it was in that work that she discovered that groupthink plagues decision-making. To solve this problem, she and her co-founder Noah built Balloon from the ground up to align with research for how to unlock the highest quality and quantity of information from a group...and how to do it in the most productive way possible.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
Website: Overlooked Ventures
- How Balloon is enabling teams to drive better outcomes, leverage creativity, and improve productivity
- Amanda’s background and how it led to great founder-market fit to build Balloon
- Navigating minimal prior exposure to tech entrepreneurship and VC
- Deciding to raise funds through angel investors and the value of diverse cap tables
- The big vision for Balloon
- How Balloon’s flight templates fuel their growth by building credibility
- How they on-boarded and partnered with industry experts
- How pandemic-related shifts in FOW have affected Balloon
- Balloon’s use-cases and the ROI it provides to companies
- How Balloon uses their own platform internally
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.