In this episode of The Vitalize Podcast, Justin Gordon talks with Andrew Gluck, the GP of irrvrntVC, a firm focused on early-stage companies in the DTC, AdTech, and NextGen Commerce areas.
In this episode of The Vitalize Podcast, Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Andrew Gluck (@irrvrntVC) the GP of irrvrntVC, a firm focused on early-stage companies in the DTC, AdTech, and NextGen Commerce areas. He especially loves partnering with first-time founders so they can learn from his mistakes. Prior to that he co-founded and ran Agency Within, the largest independent digital marketing agency with a focus on direct-response, data-driven marketing. He managed close to $1BB in spend for clients like Nike, Billie and Zola.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
Andrew's Twitter: https://twitter.com/irrvrntVC
- How Andrew got into investing and invested in Caraway pre-product and pre-launch, Branch Furniture after reaching out on LinkedIn, and Lunchbox as the first check
- Finding great founders in great markets
- What makes founders stand out
- The benefit of having the experience of working with a lot of different early-stage founding teams
- Why Andrew over indexes on go-to-market and CAC and the level of detail founders can go into
- The importance of timing at pre-seed
- How hands-on Andrew is as an investor
- How to find companies really early and the cap Andrew put on companies he can invest in out of his fund
- The opportunity at the early stages of investing
- Why Andrew started a rolling fund vs. just continuing angel investing
- Figuring out the structure for a rolling fund and the amount to raise
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.