Justin Gordon talks with Anoop Gupta, CEO and Co-Founder of SeekOut, the AI-powered Talent 360 platform. SeekOut provides companies with a comprehensive view of internal employees and external talent with analytics, predictive insights, and action recommendations.
Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Anoop Gupta (@anoopxgupta), CEO and Co-Founder of SeekOut, the AI-powered Talent 360 platform. SeekOut provides companies with a comprehensive view of internal employees and external talent with analytics, predictive insights, and action recommendations to provide a competitive advantage in recruiting, retaining and developing their talent base.
Anoop started SeekOut after a 20-year career at Microsoft, which began with the acquisition of his first startup, VXtreme, in 1997. During his tenure, Anoop was the Corporate Vice-President of the multibillion-dollar Unified Communications group. He was TA to Bill Gates, advising on technology and product strategy as a Distinguished Scientist at Microsoft Research, leading work on Telepresence and Natural User Interfaces. Prior to Microsoft, Anoop was a tenured professor at Stanford University and he holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Carnegie Mellon University.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
Website: Career Karma
- What SeekOut is and their incredible growth, including 3X-ing their revenue over the last year
- Anoop’s journey from professor at Stanford, to a 20 year career at Microsoft, to startup founder
- How founding a series of other companies and the resulting pivots led Anoop and his team to start SeekOut
- How their company has evolved to focus on retention and the digital transformation during COVID
- How SeekOut’s recruitment platform is helping companies put DEI into action
- How they’ve approached the in-person versus virtual work question as a high growth company
- How SeekOut is investing in their own team and their focus on positive mindset and gratitude
- How Anoop views the future of work
- What he has loved about the transition from big tech to startup founder
- Building great company culture
- What’s next for SeekOut
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.