Future of Work: Leveraging Technology to Provide a Better Employee Experience and Cultivate Healthy Company Culture, with Claire Schmidt of AllVoices
Justin Gordon talks with Claire Schmidt, Founder and CEO of AllVoices, an employee feedback management platform that empowers employees to anonymously provide feedback, ask questions, share positive input, and report harassment, bias, or culture issues directly to their company’s leadership.
Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Claire Schmidt (@clairecaveny), Founder and CEO of AllVoices, an employee feedback management platform that empowers employees to anonymously provide feedback, ask questions, share positive input, and report harassment, bias, or culture issues directly to their company’s leadership. With AllVoices, companies gain access to real-time data and analytics that help them make proactive decisions and resolve issues before they become organizational norms. AllVoices helps companies build sustainable and healthy cultures, where engaged employees speak up and feel heard.
While Claire was working as the Vice President of Technology and Innovation at 20th Century Fox she came across Susan Fowler's blog, exposing the toxic harassment she experienced as a software engineer at Uber. The story occupied part of Claire’s mind for months. She began speaking with HR professionals and discovered that the tools available to employees to share feedback or report issues were ineffective, ominous and rarely used. The whistleblower hotlines in the market were outdated and clunky. This lack of an effective and comprehensive employee feedback management platform, was encouraging toxic workplace cultures of silence and unresolved, systemic issues. So Claire began building AllVoices. Then Susan’s voice along with countless others became the start of the #MeToo movement, and the potential of AllVoices became even more clear to investors and supporters, launching our rapid growth. Now, they’re the leading Employee Feedback Management Platform, trusted by leading companies and preferred by employees.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
Website: Career Karma
- What AllVoices is and how Claire came up with the idea
- Leveraging technology to provide a better employee experience
- How Claire’s passion led her to take the leap from leaving her full time position at 20th Century Fox to being an entrepreneur
- The pain points and gap in the market that Claire discovered in her research, which led to the founding of AllVoices
- Starting AllVoices in the midst of the Harvey Weinstein scandal
- Onboarding her first customers before she even had a product
- The challenges of rushing to build a safe and secure platform for sensitive information
- How the product has evolved over the past few years
- How the COVID-19 pandemic and the explosion of remote work impacted use cases for AllVoices
- Claire’s advice for proactively building a great company culture and how they're doing so at AllVoices
- Claire’s perspective on the decision around in-person versus remote work
- How to hire great people and actively listen to your employees
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.