Justin Gordon talks with Matt Cohen, Founder and Managing Partner at Ripple Ventures, an early-stage venture fund seeking investments in B2B SaaS Startups in various industries ripe for disruption with a focus on workflow automation and data & analytics platforms.
Justin Gordon talks with Matt Cohen, Founder and Managing Partner at Ripple Ventures, an early-stage venture fund seeking investments in B2B SaaS Startups in various industries ripe for disruption with a focus on workflow automation and data & analytics platforms. As serial entrepreneurs, they are actively involved with all their investments and aren't scared to roll up their sleeves and get dirty. They support entrepreneurs who seek to revolutionize the most competitive global industries by solving difficult problems with the most unique solutions. Their industry focuses include: enterprise software, healthcare technology, and industrial technology. Matt founded Ripple Ventures in 2018 to help entrepreneurs and start-ups learn from his experiences while giving them more than just capital to succeed. With their 'Operators-First' approach, they work with companies every day not just every quarter.
Matt Cohen is an entrepreneur and venture capitalist focused on early-stage technology. He knows the risk entrepreneurs take when starting a company, and understands what helps them succeed at the earliest stage. He has hands-on experience in selling enterprise SaaS solutions to the top financial institutions globally, and sees the importance of working with trusted advisors and partners early to help scale a business faster.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
Website: Ripple Ventures
Podcast: Tank Talks
- How the many facets of Ripple were developed
- How to build resilient companies
- The decision to build The Tank – a physical incubator space
- How the pandemic impacted The Tank
- How Matt is supporting their founders with mental health
- Building strong infrastructure to withstand unstable markets
- Transparency in their relationship with LPs
- Their concentrated portfolio and deployment strategy through Fund III
- Their Ripple Fellowship Program to support underrepresented founders and future funders
- Matt’s perspective on the future of Web3
- Matt’s family office and how he began investing as an LP
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.