Justin Gordon talks with Nik Talreja, Co-Founder and CEO of Sydecar, a platform making smart software and providing superior service to support a new generation of investors and enablers.
Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Nik Talreja (@niktalreja), Co-Founder and CEO of Sydecar, a platform making smart software and providing superior service to support a new generation of investors and enablers. Sydecar was founded upon the radical idea that anybody should be able to fund entrepreneurs who are changing the world. The opportunity in venture capital is greater than ever. But for aspiring investors, getting started can be intimidating, expensive, and time-consuming. Sydecar makes private investing dead simple so you can focus on what matters most: building relationships and sourcing investment opportunities.
A “recovering” corporate attorney, Nik Taljreja is passionate about automating away inefficiency, and is on a mission to create new standards for how we all interact with private markets by enabling the next generation of alternative asset investing.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
- How Sydecar serves as an onramp to fluid capital allocation in venture
- Why Nik is passionate about Sydecar eliminating the inefficiencies of breaking into venture
- The end to end experience of putting together an SPV through Sydecar
- Building credibility and trust with their customers and demystifying the legal element of investing
- Who they’re attracting to the Sydecar platform and the impacts of diverse customer interest
- The need for standardization in deal flow, capital allocation, and reporting
- Going from lawyer to founder and how Nik has approached team building for Sydecar
- How and why they’ve leveraged recruiters in their hiring process
- How fundraising varied from their first to second round
- Nik’s thoughts on finding time to invest while building a company
- Nik’s complementary dynamic with his co-partner and co-founder David Meister
- How Nik has leveraged his learnings as a lawyer to build Sydecar
- Professional services as a great training ground for future founders
- Building brand loyalty as a fund
- What’s next for Sydecar and why Nik thinks the future of venture will be more personal
- Your portfolio as a representation of your story
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.