Justin Gordon talks with Shruti Gandhi, founder and General Partner of Array Ventures, a venture capital firm that focuses on solving impactful problems in the world leveraging revolutionary technology.
Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Shruti Gandhi (@atShruti), founder and General Partner of Array Ventures, a venture capital firm that focuses on solving impactful problems in the world leveraging revolutionary technology. Often that means category-leading startups that take advantage of data, analytics, workflows, and new platforms to change the way an industry works. They invest in smart people with a bold mission who take big risks in large or new markets.
Shruti brings a strong mix of operating and investing experience. She spent her early career as a developer on mainframe security, collaboration tools, and data analytics. Post engineering, she was an early stage venture capital investor at True Ventures, Samsung Electronics, Lightbank, HighBAR Partners, and the i2A Fund. She is also professor in the Computer Science department at Columbia University.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
Website: Array Ventures
- Array Ventures’ investment focus
- How a failed company led Shruti to found Array Ventures and determine their thesis
- Raising a fund as a solo female GP back in 2015 and her early pitch to investors
- Investing in solutions that solve agitating pain points in enterprise tech stacks
- What founders can expect with Array on their cap table
- How Shruti’s extensive background impacts where she invests
- Signals that Shruti looks for to identify breakout companies at a very early stage, such as Placer.ai
- The complexities around being a solo GP
- How raising Fund III differed from the first two
- Growing the Array Ventures team after raising a $56M Fund III
- Array Ventures’ portfolio construction and ownership targets
- The impact Shruti has personally felt with the increasing number of women in VC
- How Shruti views trends and evaluates innovation in enterprise software
- Shruti’s unique view on remote work
- How Shruti manages her mental wellbeing
- Balancing the many stakeholders in VC
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.