In this special episode, Justin Gordon, Director of Marketing with VITALIZE Venture Capital, interviews three key VITALIZE team members, Founder and Managing Partner Gale Wilkinson, Partner Caroline Casson, and Community Manager Larissa Insogna.
In this special episode, Justin Gordon (@justingordon212), the Director of Marketing with VITALIZE Venture Capital, interviews three key VITALIZE team members, Founder and Managing Partner Gale Wilkinson (@galeforceVC), Partner Caroline Casson (@carolinecasson_), and Community Manager Larissa Insogna (@LarissaInsogna).
VITALIZE Venture Capital was formed in 2017 as a $16M seed-stage venture fund and now includes both a fund as well as an angel investing community investing in the future of work. VITALIZE has offices in Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. We believe in people and process. From our investors to team members to the founders we fund, we are focused on building a community of amazing people. Venture capital is a relationship business, and one of our core differentiators is how we leverage our extensive network to provide value to our portfolio companies. We make valuable connections for our companies, mostly to prospective customers and other VC firms, but we field all types of requests to help our portfolio companies flourish. As founders ourselves, we have learned a lot from building this investment firm. We have implemented effective processes for deal flow, due diligence, and helping our companies post-investment, allowing us to move quickly and offer a high-quality product to founders and investors.
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
VITALIZE Venture Capital: https://vitalize.vc/
VITALIZE Angels: https://vitalizeangels.com/
VITALIZE on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/vitalizevc
VITALIZE on Twitter: @VitalizeVC
- How Gale got into venture and started the Irish Angels investment network
- How Caroline decided to partner with Gale
- Caroline’s cross-country cycling adventure and Gale’s pandemic road trips
- Larissa’s diverse professional experiences and how she ended up running community at VITALIZE
- How a cold DM to get Gale on Justin’s own podcast led to him joining VITALIZE
- The challenges and less glamorous side of working in VC
- How Gale envisions achieving a manageable workload for herself and her team
- The effect of the COVID pandemic on their schedules
- Different strategies the team members use to create boundaries for a healthy work-life balance
- Making investing accessible to everyone through the VITALIZE Angels community
- Gale and Caroline’s thoughts on the future of early stage venture
- VITALIZE’s North Star and the strategy to get there
- Potential paths for the future of VITALIZE
- The trailblazing work some of our VITALIZE Angels community members are involved in
- The due diligence process for VITALIZE Angels
- What makes a good fit to become a VITALIZE Angels portfolio company
- What to expect in terms of ROI for our VITALIZE Angels members
- The value of angel investing communities
More About the Show
The VITALIZE Podcast, a show by VITALIZE Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 400+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at VITALIZE Venture Capital, The VITALIZE Podcast features interviews with a variety of VCs, angel investors, and founders, with a particular focus on the future of work.